Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Preparation Complete - in Transit














This blog is being brought to you from Thunder Bay. Bruce, Tim & Wiley left St Thomas early Monday morning (April 19th).....at least that was the plan and I haven't heard anything different. I left St Thomas on April 16th and after seeing the airports in Miami, Memphis and Minneapolis, finally arrived in Thunder Bay 12 hours later......unfortunately my luggage didn't arrive until 2 days later - luckily I have sisters to borrow clothes from.

Now that my part in our Caribbean adventure is over, you might be wondering what I (the non sailor) thought of my time living onboard a 39ft sailboat for 4 months. One question I have - who else thinks they could live with their spouse 24/7 in the limited space of 39 ft while floating on the water, especially if your spouse's name is Bruce! Enough said about that! I did thoroughly enjoy the weather. Hard to beat a consistent temperature of 80 degrees with a soft breeze - the stronger breezes however were my downfall. I really don't like to be heeled over to the extent that wearing a life jacket with a safety harness clipped to the railing is a must.

It was nice to look forward to the newness of each day - going to places we had never been before where just finding a grocery store was an adventure. The beaches were wonderful and the turquoise water warm and inviting (unlike Georgian Bay). I did miss the ordinary, mundane things like a daily shower, being able to do laundry whenever I felt like it & a flush toilet. All in all a small price to pay for experiencing life in a tropical paradise.

Would I do it again........in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment